Labor Day is a day to recognize the contributions of American workers of all industries to the U.S. economy. Many celebrate this unofficial end to summer with family, friends, and their community. Check out some events happening locally in Fairfield County this Labor Day Weekend:
- Restaurant Week hosted by Stamford Tables with 21 participating restaurants, including a few Fairfield County favorites such as Barcelona Wine Bar, Bar Rosso, and The Capital Grille. Treat yourself to excellent dishes at Stamford’s best restaurants for a discounted price.
- Downtown Farmers Market at Latham Park on Saturday, September 2nd. Support locally grown foods and indulge in fine cheeses, artisan breads, jams, a variety fruits, vegetables, flowers, and more!
- 10th Annual 5K/10K Run or Walk at Stamford JCC on Monday, September 4th. Proceeds benefit JumpStart at the JCC, a comprehensive preschool program that promotes inclusion for children with special needs.
- Beach Yoga & Meditation at Calf Pasture Beach on Saturday, September 2nd at 8:30 AM. After a long week, refresh with a morning of yoga by the Sound. Register online by clicking the link.
- Blues, Views & BBQ Festival 2017 at Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts. Connecticut’s Premier Live Music Festival is back for its 10th year and will feature 20 bands with headlining performances by funk bands Galactic and Deep Banana Blackout. Great music and food for the family to enjoy!
- East Coast Open FINAL Polo Tournament at Greenwich Polo Club on Sunday, September 3rd. Don’t miss the Greenwich Polo Club’s 36th season of Summer Polo! Gates open at 1:00 PM and the matches start at 3:00 PM.
- Mid-Summer Night Swing Dance & Lessons at Pop Up Park Friday, September 2nd. If dancing is more your style, enjoy some salsa, merange, and swing with the New England Academy of Dance. This event is open to all ages and all skill levels!
Stay up to date with Levco by liking our page on Facebook and don’t forget to check back for more community updates!