Benefits of an Oil Burner Service Plan– Does it make sense?
Here’s the scoop: All heating systems require regular maintenance to operate properly. So, if you’re wondering if investing in an oil burner service plan makes sense, the short answer is yes. A comprehensive oil burner service plan, like the one offered by Levco, is a great investment and provides numerous benefits:
1. Energy Savings – Oil heating systems covered by a service plan generally use less heating oil and have a longer lifespan than those without coverage. Why? Because service plans cover the cost of an annual cleaning, inspection, and tune-up, and a good tune-up will reduce energy consumption by keeping your system operating at peak efficiency.
2. Emergency Service – Service contracts usually provide 24/7, year-round emergency oil burner service with no extra labor charge for after hours, weekend or holiday emergency service.
3. Annual Maintenance – Annual maintenance covered by the plan can save you time and money, as your system would be less likely to need major repairs. Malfunctioning system components, leaky duct work, or reduced airflow can prevent your heating system from achieving the desired set point on your thermostat. During the annual maintenance call, the technician will:
(1) Thoroughly vacuum clean the heater, smoke pipe, and base of the chimney
(2) Replace the nozzle, pump screen, and oil filter cartridge
(3) Clean and adjust electrodes and burner gun assembly
(4) Oil the motors
(5) Test the operating efficiency and adjust for maximum comfort, convenience, and economy
4. Extended Equipment Lifespan – When your heating system is clean, lubricated, and in good working order, parts can operate more efficiently and airflow is improved. That means more optimum performance and less stress on your equipment, making it last longer.
5. Safer System Operation – It is normal for a clean, well-maintained fuel-burning appliance to produce a minuscule amount of carbon monoxide, which is typically carried away by the venting system. However, a system that’s dirty or malfunctioning can produce much higher concentrations of this deadly, odorless gas, posing a threat to the occupants in your home. As part of your service contract, the technician will inspect the burner combustion and heat exchanger so they are in good working order and operating safely.
6. Lower Cost of Repairs – Most minor issues can be detected and rectified during routine maintenance before they become major, costly repairs. A service plan (like Levco’s) usually covers the cost of an annual cleaning, inspection, and tune-up. It also covers the cost of both the labor and materials necessary for the repair or replacement of numerous controls and burner parts, due to normal usage and wear.
Therefore, investing in an oil burner service plan and taking advantage of the annual preventative maintenance is in your best interest. We recommend scheduling maintenance at the start of the heating season. This prepares your system to operate at peak performance, providing reliable, safe, efficient heating at your home.
Call our service line to schedule your annual maintenance today: 203-324-5500 and stay up to date with Levco by liking our page on Facebook.